Welcome to the Capitol Hill Cluster School
We are a unique public school that has three campuses, from early childhood (PK3) through 8th grade.
We share the District of Columbia Public Schools’ Core Values, believing that:
- All children, regardless of background or circumstance, can achieve at the highest levels.
- Achievement is a function of effort, not innate ability.
- We have the power and the responsibility to close the achievement gap.
- Our schools must be caring and supportive environments.
- It is critical to engage our students’ families and communities as valued partners.
- Our decisions at all levels must be guided by robust data.
Here at the Cluster, we work together to ensure that our graduates value the arts, community involvement, diversity, and a healthy lifestyle, and have the critical thinking, writing, problem solving, and interpersonal skills needed to attend the high school of their choice, in preparation for success in college and life.
To support this mission, we strive to provide
- A safe, nurturing, and joyful school environment
- Respectful interactions among adults and children
- A strengths-based approach to teaching and learning
- A community of lifelong learners
- Shared decision-making among all stakeholders
At Peabody Primary Campus, Watkins Elementary School, and Stuart-Hobson Middle School…we love to show our Panther PRIDE:
We are the Capitol Hill Cluster School…where EVERY CHILD ACHIEVES!!! Learn more about each school or download a PDF version of our CHCS Brochure here: