About the PTA
Through the PTA, parents get more involved in their campus and lend efforts to help support the Cluster. Parents and Cluster school staff partner to organize community-building and fundraising events to support the Cluster.
What the PTA Does
- Provides communications tools to keep families connected to the Cluster (weekly email newsletter, website, and email listservs for discussions)
- Holds monthly meetings to share current school initiatives and school system policy changes
- Organizes large-scale fundraisers that raise significant money to support our school
- Coordinates bus service between Watkins and Peabody
- Organizes volunteer and community events (Walk-to-School Day, Beautification Day, and more)
- Maintains the gardens at each campus
Working Groups at Each Campus
Through Working Groups, parents have more direct decision-making at each campus by:
- Offering grants that allocate a significant amount of PTA funds at the campus
- Helping with campus projects to enrich and improve learning and school culture
To join your working group, simply join the PTA and attend a working group meeting.